The Kalsun Math Tool for Addition and Subtraction is a simple educational device specially designed with patented features, for early use by children from pre-KG to U.K.G. It is useful for students in special education.
The purposes of the tool are to help children:
- Learn and develop a strong number sense
- Understand properties of addition
- Recognise patterns and relationships among numbers
- Enhance memory and mental skills through building concepts
- Develop algebraic thinking
- The colourful and student friendly device presents the number sequence on slidable and rotatable blocks that serve as the reckoning slide on the top row. and provides a set of movable blocks on the bottom slide that are aligned neatly with the blocks on the top row in matching colors to help with counting and solving problems.
This design helps build math foundation in children and improve classroom performance by :
- Combining all modes of learning - kinesthetic, tactile, and visual Minimising errors associated with loose pieces and use of fingers Helping to visualise patterns and relationships with ease
- Children can explore one or more numbers on a daily basis and master addition facts of each number and learn various combinations is of arriving at the number in a systematic way
- Once the children are taught the use of the tool for the first few numbers, they can use it themselves for learning other numbers and develop number sense on their own.
- The repeated use of the tool will give them a clear understanding of the numbers, thereby enabling them to memories addition and subtraction facts with ease, in turn encouraging them to libel math.
- The use of the tool helps with addition and subtraction problems, and develops mental arithmetic